We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA sticking when using chrome

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

since i switched to the chrome browser the PCA web has worked as fast as any other web site which is great news as IE9 and FF were very sluggish.

But last couple of days PCA web pages have been stuttering and sticking making scrolling of the pages slow, links and pages ok just scrolling causes a sticking of the web.

other web pages ok just PCA.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

It was playing up on all my browsers, but suddenly cleared sometime yesterday and now OK.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

yes its better this morning

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It does it on IE also.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I find that the PCA website works best with Google Chrome, then Firefox with Internet Explorer being the worse.

A fairly regular browser cache cleaner might help?.

Another good indication to the PCA website, and its sluggishness is looking at the loading and 'waiting for', which might give an indication of any blockages!.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

I find same problem with both Chrome & IE9, not just for PCA - also Ebay. IMHO, the problem probably lies with the amount of data needing to be downloaded per page with these longer lists, and all the advertising that goes with, coupled, of course, with the connection speeds.

The simple solution is just patience!!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I for one do not have problems on Ebay or any other site I use regularly,this is a PCA issue and patience really does not come into it. I have disabled all add ons to see if it was perhaps my PC but as this is a fresh install of Windows ETC at the weekend it was unlikely to be my end.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Totally agree with Chronos the 2nd comments.

I use a number of websites daily, throughout the day, eBay and Amazon included, and never seem to have or experience the hold-ups this website seems to produce daily.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

All due to "The new improved service" which seems to be ongoinggggg ???????

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I find that the PCA website works best with Google Chrome, then Firefox with Internet Explorer being the worse. I'm with spuds on this one, that is exactly how I find it, the one site that is sluggish is PCA.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten