We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

on/off switch for my desk top not working properly - please advice

geek84

Likes # 0

Hi Folks

My on/off switch (which is situated underneath the monitor)for my 3 year old Packard Bell desk top is not working properly. Very often the PC is on and the switch does not work - i.e. I get a blank screen.

Do you think there may be a loose connection or is there some type of fault with thee software?

Thank You.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Unless you know a qualified Electronic engineer (or are one), I suggest you either:-

Put in in for repair ,it may be worth repairing or look for a new monitor as the cost of repair may be more than the monitor is worth.

Terry

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If it as a Reset Button these can be used by switching cables on Motherboard as they are only press to make connections same buttons but does a different job on how they connected to motherboard

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's either the on/off button on monitor (if no sign of life from monitor) or it might be a loose cable from monitor to pc.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

WHy not simply leave the monitor switched on permanently and just switch off at the mains?

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

WHy not simply leave the monitor switched on permanently and just switch off at the mains?

Like this post
geek84

Likes # 0

Hi folks

Thanks for your replies.

xania - Yes, I already do what you are saying, but it doesn't solve the problem of the monitor button not working properly, which is located underneath the monitor !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......