We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deletion from Recent Files List - Windows Vista

Fluter_5_Jigs

Likes # 0

I run Vista Home on a Dell laptop. For various reasons I had to return to factory settings; successful, mostly. However in the original pre-installed Vista, if I clicked on a link in the Recent Items list, and then on Delete, I received the Delete File dialogue asking if I wanted to send the link to the Recycle Bin - I had a choice. Having restored the factory settings this no longer happens and the link is deleted right away. Not always convenient. I can't find any settings that will get me back the dialogue. The Recycle Bin itself is working OK, has the right properties and I get the dialogue when deleting from Windows Explorer. There are a couple of other things that aren't working quite the same, inconvenient rather than important, but one thing at a time!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Properties from the menu.

Now you’ll see the Trash Properties dialog, and notice the “Display delete confirmation dialog” at the bottom.

Just check the box, and close the dialog.

Like this post
Fluter_5_Jigs

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestion, Fruit Bat. I had already done that, but it doesn't make any difference. The Recycle bin itself is working OK - I get the dialogue if I delete from Explorer. It's the Recent Items List that isn't behaving.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers