We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to e-mail a video

Phoenix21
Resolved

Likes # 0

I run Windows XP and my e-mail client is Incredimail. I have created a video size 14.0 MB using Windows Movie Maker that I want to e-mail to a friend, but it is too large and is "stuck" in my Outbox. I know I can use Pando to send it, but my email recipient does not have this programme on her computer and is reluctant to download it. Is there any way to put the video in a zipped folder or something similar so Incredimail can handle it?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 1

there is another free option upload it to www.sendhisfile.com and you will be able to simply send the download address (no need for the recipient to join) sendthisfile has a free service but you have to join before using it.

Like this post  
SillBill

Likes # 1

Phoenix21

sendthisfile also have a free service, it just takes longer to upload when using the free service. Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If you right click on the video don't you get the option to "compress and email"?

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

SillBill Thanks for that. Yes - I right clicked on it, and put it in a zipped folder, but even that was too large to send by e-mail.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I use GMX Mail and I'm sure that I've sent videos larger than 14MB.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try that tomorrow morning.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Apologies for the delay in replying to your last suggestion. Thank you so much for telling me about www.sendthisfile.com - I had no idea such sites existed. I decided not to use it because it is not free, but I found one that is free...www.largefilesasap.com, as long as one "likes it" on Facebook! Using that, I was able to send the video to my friends very quickly.

Incidentally, I sent the video to another friend by dragging it onto Skype, and he sent it on to someone else. It went very quickly from his computer, so I am now wondering if the problem lies within the CPU of my computer which is over 7 years old.

Thank you again for your help in this matter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...