We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer 5920 Laptop will not boot

anniesboy68

Likes # 0

I'm looking at an Acer 5920 that will not boot up. I loaded Linux Mint on it some time ago. The symptoms are... start it up, then a few grating noises from the CD drive area, then it switches off, restarts and then more grating noises, and the remains on with no action and a blank scree. I have tried booting with the Mint disk, but to no avail. Any help on solving this would be appreciated. Could it be the BIOS perhaps. AB68

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

have you tried booting just on mains, or the mains adapter may be no good so battery flat

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Have tried allt that, battery is ok. Am leaving it plugged in on mains for 24hrs to possibly charge the cmos battery ( read that somewhere )

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

No Luck I am giving up on this now, so much time wasted. Thank you all for your suggestions etc. AB68

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer