We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Too loud volume PC problem

jonem81

Likes # 0

I have an autistic grandson, who believes that maximum volume is best on the PC ( and TV)! This is seriously damaging to his ears and others who dare to enter his room. I have tried all of the usuall volume adjustments, but he knows all of the tricks and returns them to high levels. Now I know that I COULD pull the plug, or remove the speakers, but again, with an autistic child of 13 years, it just does not work. It would lead to massive tantrums and disruption of normal life. I wonder if there is a 'line-in', discrete volume adjuster that could be installed between the PC and the speakers....?

jonem81

• Tags:
  • vo
Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Powered speakers with volume control ?

can you open the speaker with the volume knob and remove the knob

or muffle the speakers internal with foam (did that on some of the kids toys)

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Thanks, Fruit Bat /\0/\ . Yes, they are powered. Your suggestions I have toyed with, but any of those would make it inconvenient for other users. I'm hoping some guy can suggest an adapter (hidden) to plug in/out, which can be turned up or down as desired. Maybe I should try a radio forum? Many thanks for your help, as usuall!

jonem81

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I had a look for Automatic Volume Limiters (AVL &AVLS) but didn't find what I considered suitable, you could try your own search for the above - you'd have more idea what would be suitable.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...