We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer vs IE 64 bit

sputnick

Likes # 0

I have just reinstalled W7 after a new HD.My Internet home page is Sky but I keep getting an advert banner at the top. If I go to programs and Select IE 64 bit the banner stops but if I use IE (not 64 bit) the banners re appear. Is there a way I can make IE 64 bit the default. Pop ups are disabled.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Why not just right click the IE64 icon in Programs, then click 'pin to taskbar'. It will then be available on your desktop.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

" If I go to programs and Select IE 64 bit the banner stops but if I use IE (not 64 bit) the banners re appear."

That's probably because your 64-bit IE is missing an add-on - possibly Adobe Flash.

The 64-bit version of IE requires 64-bit add-ons so they'll need to be installed separately. Unlike the regular 32-bit IE, 64-bit add-ons are still a bit thin on the ground though.

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

Thanks, so simple Iforgot it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015