We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Network Found........ says Zone Alarm.

Diemmess

Likes # 0

Every time I go online with a not often used Laptop which has ZA as firewall, I am challenged about the choice for level of security, and would I like to name the new network.

XP Pro SP3, Yahoo, Google thoroughly scoured for malware, none found.

I've tried every way I know to eliminate this extra step. Can someone please give me a clever way to convince ZA that it already has my answer?

• Tags:
  • za
Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

^

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It usually means that it is booting up before your firewall is being connected.If you leave it for a couple of minutes it should disappear.

If not just choose home network and it should not show again.

But wait for other comments.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e, have tried all you suggested including naming the new network as HOME as in first setting up. Reboots galore just to be sure.

I feel that this is a config matter with ZA itself but can't find a tab or opportunity to fix this one.

As I said it is a trivial matter but one I'd like to solve.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Diemmess

I have the same problem every now and then and I am using Eset Smart6.If I leave it and it connects properly to the internet it goes away but I just clicked home the last time and so far it has not returned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite