We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to connect tablet to TV wirelessly.

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hello, I would like to connect a tablet PC to a TV without the HDMI cable. There seems to be lots of devices available, I just need the simplest thing. A couple of little dongle type things I had in mind smaller the better. I have had a good look but not sure what is most suitable. Any suggestions please.

Ray

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Wired and Wireless options here enter link description here

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link, lots of info but can't really find what I want.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

First question is will your TV accept wireless or a wireless dongle?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which tablet?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Fruitbat, how do I tell, one is a 3mnths old LED with HDMI, the other a 4yr old plasma also with HDMI socket Is that enough info or do I need to to find the manuals. Woolwell, it is an Ainol Novo 10" tablet about 3 weeks old.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I was thinking that I could transmit to a small receiver plugged into the HDMI port rather that direct to the TV as that would enable me to easily move it to another TV.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'd be surprised if the 4 yr old plasma can accept wireless or even ethernet.

Which make and model of LED?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Intel Wireless Display technology, or WiDi, built in to your tablet?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

or maybe something like this?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

The plasma works Perfectly with a HDMI cable as does the LED. LED is Logik L24 FE12, plasma is Panasonic, can't find the manual. All I want to do is get rid of cable connections just like you do with a little USB stick to your router. I realize this is not the same thing but was hoping there may be something similar for HDMI transmission. Fruitbat, the tablet has WiFi not WiDi but has a mini HDMI port which I could plug a device into if such thing exists. The item in your link would probably work but it is too big, too expensive and not really what I need but thankyou anyway. As I said in OP I could not find anything myself, I would be surprised if there is nothing available to do this, maybe we should make one and patent it :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...