We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emails unable to be found

lolly2cats

Likes # 0

Decided to upgrade my office 2007 to Office Home and Student 2010 forgetting that it did not include Outlook which I use for work and as I am self-employed and work a great deal from home have everything in folders nor can I access many of my word documents. When I realised what I had done I set up a system restore but the computer would not complete this - I tried twice. I then uninstalled the Office 2010 in the hopes that everything would return to normal - wishful thinking. Help I need the informaion in those folders and documents. Don't know what to do. Should I reinstall the Office 2010 - at least then I could access all the reports etc and buy Outlook 2010? I am desperate , can anyone please help?!!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

They will still be on your PC, have a look here for them. Copy them as you obviously do not back up your important files/emails.

Like this post
lolly2cats

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info but am non the wiser with how to get to your solution. I am completely self-taught!The problem is worse than I thought, as I cannot read any Word documents at all - I think because I was using Office Enterprise 2007- which hs obviously now expired since installing the Office 2010. Also have checked on my computer and all of the programs are no longer installed. Fortunately all my reports etc are backed up and I have checked and all my emails are accessible though my internet provider but not in the format I am used to and which I find easiest to work with i.e. Outlook.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you still have the Office 2007 discs and licence key? If so reinstall it. It will not have expired but you may have to download all the updates again.

You should be able to install Office 2010 without Outlook and install just Outlook 2007 from the discs.

Search for the pst file and back that up. It will contain your-emails, contacts, etc. OS?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers