We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Settings for Eset Smart 5 or 6

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Using W/8 I got a bad e-mail yesterday which I suppose should have been deleted before it got to my inbox.

After checking it looks like some of my e-mail settings could be out.

Can anyone tell me what settings they have for Pop3,Imap and http.

Mine are as follows.

Pop3 110

Imap 143

Http 80,8080,3128

I am sure I have the settings wrong somehow.The Pop 3 settings are ok as far as I can tell Just not sure about the Imap and HTTP ones.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well just found out that Eset does not protect Windows live mail 2012 but it does protect the 2011 version.

No wonder I could not get it to work.

Just in case anyone else is having the same problem stay with the 2011 version of Windows Live mail.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

The problem with Eset and Windows Live mail 2012

Click here

I have had bother with it for a while and actually reinstalled it today to see if that would help.

Now just thinking if I deleted the 2012 version and put the 2011 version on W/8 would I loose all my saved mail or would it come back after the reinstall.Then again would it work on W/8 at all.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

This from Eset Uk this morning.

The issue with Windows live mail is that it doesn’t officially support plug ins so they have to be worked into the mail client very carefully. This is making the development very difficult, there are plans to work on it but it is impossible to give a time frame due to the difficult nature of implementing the plug-in. E-mails are still scanned for threats when they are received but Spam filtering is currently not available without the plug-in.

[E-mails are still scanned for threats when they are received]

Not quite true as Eset never reacted to a bad e-mail till I opened it.So can only assume it is not scanning incoming mail.

Anyhow hope this information helps anyone in the same situation.

I suppose I could use another e-mail provider.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...