We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX130 not recognising Tesco ink cartridges?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My friend's Epson SX130 printer will not recognise any of the Tesco ink cartridges, please can I ask why this is and is there anything I can do about it for him? Thank you.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I guess the obvious answer is to take them back. I've never seen Tesco cartridges. If it works with other brands then you have your answer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've never had a problem with Tesco cartridges. Assuming that he has the right cartridges (it's easy to get the wrong ones) then suggest that they are taken back.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Well it did used to be fine with the Tesco brand you see. I have tried the black cartridge from my own similar epson SX105 and mthe SX130 wont recognise those either?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I'm not 100% that you can just remove and replace (as in put it back or try in another printer) a chipped cartridge.

I suspect if Tesco are like other "supermarket own brands" then they could well be Jettecs' which are very distinctive.

But the same applies... take 'em back.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Before taking them back try cleaning the chip gently with a microfibre cloth, it usually works for me, even if I have to take the cartridge out several times

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...