We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is FireFox slow today?

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Taking for ever to load pages. Using Chrome at the moment.

FF 18.0.1. This version has been noticeably slower since I updated.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Not for me

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Or for me

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Oh well.

Not just this site but several others that open normally in Chrome and IE.

Thought it might have been the weekend gremlins!

Will run a few scans.

Thanks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have you run CCleaner or something similar lately?.

Perhaps the browser cache wants cleaning?.

I use Google Chrome on the PCA website and Firefox on many others, all seem to be working fairly good and fast today (fingers now crossed).

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

spuds

I run CC once a week and just run it again.

Usually get 30 or 40 errors today 130.

So we will see if things improve. Updated MWB a week ago. Have they changed their logo on the shortcut? It now looks like a blue CD with a chunk out the top and bottom. Don't think it was like that before.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Yes the MWB icon in the system Tray has changed as you describe.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just in case you have Java or Foxit reader downloaded.My security picked up Problems with both.I did notice that there was an update for Java on my daughters computer this morning so maybe they have fixed the bug that was going about.

Still waiting for an update to Foxit Reader.If you have any of those 2 on your computer I would give your computer a good scan with a good security program.

Regarding it being slow I find it slower with Firefox than it is with I/E at the moment.

Always get the waiting for at the bottom left of the screen.

It is not slow enough to complain about but tomorrow is Sunday and that is sometimes a bad day.

Never noticed this at the bottom of the post as you are typing.

643 of 4500 characters remaining is this something new or has it been around for awhile.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I have both Foxit Reader and MWB installed on several machines and have no problems. I also have updated Java to 7.13 and still no problems.

What did your security pick up. Was it a PUP, If so it was probably a toolbar add on. I think the ASK Toolbar is offered in Foxit and Java but can'y remember which or if it was both.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I think Malwarebytes picks up Pup or something like that and it is only because Windows Updates is turned off.

Firefox was giving me a warning about Foxit as it was not to be trusted So I disabled it and ran a scan with Eset and it picked up the Foxit bug.

The day before it had picked up the problem with java which I had already deleted but obviously not well enough.

I am on another computer just now But when I go back on my normal computer I will try and find the warnings that I got.

Just had Firefox fail to load on this one so looks like it could be another scan for it.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Funny but I have ESET on most of my machines and no problems. Eset have just updated to version 6.0.308 available from eset .co.uk or from within Eset if you haver Program updates activated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...