We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stopping spam

watteneer

Likes # 0

i receive about 30 spamm every day it's driving me potty how can i stop this annoying habit i dont open any of them up i dont why i get so many i am with BT yahoo have contacted with not much help any help please thanks to all

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Unfortunately SPAM is inevitable these days. I have nearly solved the problem by using a program called Mailwasher but it is not free and it works by looking at the emails before they are downloaded and analysing them. After a while it learns what is good and what is bad and you can set it to delete automatically. There are several other similar programs out there but this is the only one I have tried and it works well for me personally.

Also some email programs have filters built in that you can set to refuse emails from some sources.

It is a pain isn't it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Easiest thing to do is remove the E-mail address and open a new one saves a lot of bother.

Open 2 new e-mail accounts,Use 1 for friends and family only and the other one for Internet sign ins etc.

You can always class it as junk and set the junk folder to delete on shut down.

The problem with that is you might also loose some legit e-mails.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide