We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Information on Router Password Kracker Required?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have installed a download called Router Password Kracker from Security Xploded that was obtained from the Majorgeeks website.

Seemed a simple to use application, but I have found this not so.

Do you know this program, if so, how do you set it up?.

The reason why I want to use this program, is due to a problem of trying to connect wireless free to a laptop, that doesn't want to accept the connection or password. I would add that I have mentioned this problem before in another posting a few months ago, which is still hasn't been resolved successfully.

If you do not know Router Password Kracker, then would you have another possible or similar download suggestion?.

Using XP Home as main but Vista on the laptop.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

rdave13

I can still get into the Huawei router using admin/admin for router checks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe try this and see if you have any luck.Once you get in there you might find the proper password that is needed.You can with Virginmedia not got a clue about talktalk ISP Address.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or this.it tells you how to reset it.

Reset

Have a look see what you think if in doubt just ignore this.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok This one is much easier to follow.

Reset Password

And if you got that far you should be able to see the password etc without having to change it.

When resetting names or passwords it is always better to write them down and keep it somewhere safe.

Is there not a sticker on the back of the router giving you the password etc.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you can get into the router for admin checks then you can access the configuration pages the same way and put in a new wireless password, change channels, etc. Suggest that you change the password.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Can I just clarify - can you get into the admin pages of your router or is the password for this also causing a problem. If you can access the router pages have you checked that the wireless facility is actually enabled? Some routers also state the wireless password.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

To view the existing password on a HG520b

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/wireless-usernamepassword-reminder

If you're thinking of getting a different router: List of Routers supported by talktalk

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/wireless-connection-setup

Note that I think the screenshot shown at no:1 is misleading it should be your homepage for your browser. The box for for you to type in admin admin is shown at no:2

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just to check, you are attempting logging in the homepage on a pc that is connected by ethernet cable aren't you? silly question I know but just wanted to make sure.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Just to clarify, I can get into the router using the passwords I know, its the laptop that I cannot connect via a wireless method. All the other computer connected by hardwire are working okay with the broadband connection.

Having had another look at the links provided by lotvic, and the setting up with Vista page, I think that is the possible problem, that I am not doing something quite right.

I haven't got the time at the moment, but I will need to come back to that and try experimenting, unless anyone might see a possible solution, that I am missing?.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore username etc in the router it is the password that you need.

Are you using the same password that is on the router for the laptop.

If so it is odd that it does not work.Is it picking up other networks.Just wondering if there were someone close that uses Talk talk as well and you were trying to sign in to the wrong one.

That of course was a last resort as I could not think of anything else.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite