We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Revo Uninstaller and Windows 8

mgmcc
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone using Revo Uninstaller (free) successfully with Windows 8?

I've found with both a Laptop and Desktop that, when it is supposed to be checking the registry after the main uninstall, it just hangs and I have to click the "Cancel" button.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Yes. I have used it when setting up 3 Win8 laptops and found few problems. I seem to remember I had the same problem as you on only one occasion. I had removed several bloatware programs and the trial Antivirus before it occurred. I immediately did a reboot and carried on as normal with no recurrance.

I did use the inbuilt clean up tool immediately after the reboot though.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

mgmcc

I have it downloaded so I must have used it but cannot think I had any problems with it.

I usually use it on setting 4 and I can only think that if I had any problems I would have noticed.

Like this post
denso50

Likes # 0

I have exactly the same problem. I have 2 Lap tops running Windows 8,a year old 64 bit HP and a 5 year old Dell Latitude 32 bit. Revo works fine on the Dell but not on the HP, just the same as you describe.I tried uninstalling Revo and re installing but just the same.I have now uninstalled and installed Geek uninstaller,its much faster and seems to do the job just as well.Shame really,I have used Revo for quite a few years with no problem but having found Geek that's the way I will be going from now on.

Like this post  
mgmcc

Likes # 0

denso50,

Thanks for that. I've downloaded GeekUninstaller and will give it a try next time I have a program to remove in Windows 8.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...