We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paper jamming

Hivoumou

Likes # 0

I have a canon printer MX410...it keeps on showing that the paper is jammed although no printing paper is jammed. How can I fix this or what can I do to rectify this problem? Thank you

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

see here

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have found that Paper Jam error messages can sometimes be caused by the most simplest things, and not a very noticeable sheet of paper causing a jam.

Usually it means a case of looking inside the printer for small objects, small piece of torn paper left behind from a previous problem, dust on sensor or arms etc. Do not forget to remove any electrical power to the printer, before tampering inside.

I haven't looked, but a Google or YouTube search, might provide further advice on printer service or repair on this paper jam error message problem?.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I agree with comments made by spuds - I once spent 2 days with the same problem before finding the smallest piece of torn paper jammed in the roller mechanism - with the aid of a torch and the printer upside down! It took me ages to extract it.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Paper Jam messages on all in ones often happen because something has been left on the lid, then it is lifted up and the object drops into the mechanism. Found a small paper clip in a friend's machine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen