We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

mr darren whiteley

dwhiteley
Resolved

Likes # 0

i would like to get a new monitor but dont no what to get i have ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series iwant maybe a 23 inch one but some say hdmi i have a graphic with a hdmi slot what is used by the tv so confused about this

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Hi, not sure why you gave your name as the problem.,as I believe you are looking for a monitor. It would be useful to know exactly what graphics card you have as there are so many cards in the 4300 to 4500 series. But Do you have a DVI connection on your graphics card? Something like this. and or a VGA, this.

Most modern monitors have several connections to choose from so you should have no difficulty connecting your graphics card (GPU) to the monitor.

Like this post
dwhiteley

Likes # 0

how do i find out what graphic card i got

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

1)Download and install CPU-Z.

OR

2)Open up your PC and take it out and have a look.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I like the look of that CPU-Z Chronos the 2nd, which is best to download? is it the one at the top of the list '1.62 setup, english' ?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

lotvic

Unless you can speak Chinese it would probably be best to go for the English setup.lol.

Have a look at their other software while your there.good little company this.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronus, lol :) what's those 'ROG' G1 and OC' versions then? (I'm thinking if I can't decide then dwhiteley may have problem too)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

ROG. Republic of Gamers edition. ROG is high end and expensive kit.

OC. I would imagine is Over-clock version.

No idea what the other one means.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thanks Chonus, so dwhiteley (and me) want the purple one '1.62 setup, english' or the zip of it. Just wanted to make sure.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why not use your TV

Like this post
dwhiteley

Likes # 0

i did try cpu-z but all it said was 4300/4500 seres

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites