We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Zoostorm tower, moniter problem, unsure how to connect them.

castiel333

Likes # 0

I have just purchased a Zoostorm tower (model 3330) which does not come with a monitor and I am trying to work out the type of monitor that I need to get and what leads that I need to buy.

The instructions state that I need to connect blue and green connectors into both the tower and the monitor but, when I google my query, it says that I need to use a vga cable. I know very little about hardware and I am completely confused. My son really wanted to connect it to his TV but, when I tried to do that using a vga cable, it did not work.

The instructions also give different directions if the pc has a seperate graphics card though, as everything looks intact, I do not think that that is the case.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please tell me what I need to do in order to get this up and running for my son.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If this is the model you need a Monitor with either VGA and/or DVI-D port. Lokk at the rear image, the VGA is blue and the DVI-D is white.

Like this post
castiel333

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for your answer.

The tower that you posted is very similar but the graphics card is different.

http://www.kandco.com/zoostorm-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-1tb-base-unit---black/1165556947.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f21876%2c4877

The link above is the actual one that I have bought.

Please can you tell me if this one still requires the same monitor.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sorry for slow reply, had to do eight hours of savage amusement. Looking at your above link it doesn't show much on the specification side but states it has a dedicated GTX610 Graphics Card. That means you should have an 'onboard' video chip with either a connection blanked at the rear or still showing. I think it could be blanked to avoid confusion.

Here's another link showing the Nvidia GeForce GTX 610 1 Gig PCI-E. Link. That shows it has; Connectors: VGA, DVI, HDMI. Enlarge the picture and the HDMI connector is the middle one. If the TV has the same connection you could connect via HDMI cable. The DVI is a DVI-I which has the 24 pin digital connection plus 5 pins for analogue. The other is the VGA. Do you see these sockets at the back?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Why not ask/phone Zoostorm. It might be quicker and the answer should be 100% certain

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If it is the same one as this one at Amazon then it has a DVI and a VGA port for graphics.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite