We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Scanning Issue

gippingman

Likes # 0

I have a HP Photosmart 5510 all in one printer scanner copier and my Pc is running Windows 8. The 5510 has built in scanning software but only scans documents as PDF's. I wish to scan documents to Word. I have MS Office 2003 which has built in Office Document Scanning. When I try to scan a document using this, the box comes up to scan a new document, says choose scanner, then my 5510 comes up in the scanner list as 5510 twain or 5510 usb. However, if I select either and press ok, nothing happens - no error or follow on boxes and no scanning action from the 5510. Does this mean it is a driver issue (I believe I am using latest drivers though), a windows 8 issue or Office 2003 not being compatible on the scanning side of things - other applications within Office 2003 work ok. Advice appreciated

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

HP are notoriously flaky when scanning.

Are you trying to scan wirelessly?

I no longer use HP (because of scanning difficulties!) but always found, on the few occasions when it worked, that an ethernet (not usb) connection was needed.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If you do a Scan Preview prior to scanning you should get a New Scan box coming up which should allow you to change the File Type - ie. from PDF to JPEG etc. or even do that after scanning complete - here is an example from Epson but it's the same/similar for my Canon (standalone) scanner. enter link description here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...