We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

blue screen on new laptop ?!?

dkdanielkli

Likes # 0

Hello, I've purchased a Samsung ultra book about 6 months ago and It has been working great. The past month or two, every maybe 10th time I physically open the ultra book it gives me a blue screen for 3-5 seconds and then immidiatelly restarts. I'm a university student and a good example is when I close my laptop after one class and when I open it 10 minutes later for my next class it does that. Attached is some info about my ultra book. Please help (:

Info <---

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Are you shutting down normally or are you just putting the machine to sleep by closing the lid?

Like this post
dkdanielkli

Likes # 0

I physically close the lead. I don't turn it off or do anything else.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

That may be the reason, try shutting down before closing the lid to see if you still get Blue Screens.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

My Samsung laptop behaved in just that way when I first had it. The problem was only cured when I went to the nVidia web site and downloaded an updated driver for the graphics card. I did wonder at the time whether Samsung had "personalised" the driver in some way which caused the problem. Anyway, I was getting the blue screen every few days, but have now not had one for several months.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses