We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Downloaded program which is not showing?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Recently I have downloaded a couple of programs from the likes of Majorgeeks, and while the programs appear to download correctly, they are not showing up in All Programs,Control Panel (XP), Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner.

What's happened and where are the programs gone?.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Have you tried going to Start and typing Downloads in the search box?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you tried looking in downloads or my documents.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Try a download another program and before you actually click on download you will be asked whether you want to save or run and it should tell where it is saving the program. By default it is in downloads but you can save it anywhere so wherever the last program you downloaded will be shown at this point.

Sorry cannot be more detailed but doing this on the phone.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 1

'they are not showing up in All Programs,Control Panel (XP), Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner.'

They won't until you install them. According to your post all you say you have done is download them and as such the default for downloaded programs is 'downloads'.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Hi guys and thank you for the response.

Since posting the original request, I have been looking at My Documents then Downloads, and both programs appear in there. Made a number of attempts to get the programs to work without very much success?.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

If you have found the program files that you downloaded you need to double click on the file in order to install it.

Have you actually installed the programs.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

spuds

It is not clear what you mean with "Made a number of attempts to get the programs to work without very much success". Are they programs which need to be installed? Can you post the name of one or it's location at MajorGeeks?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

After further 'playing around' and double-clicking, I have managed to install the programs.

I don't know what went wrong previously, because while trying out various things the downloads seemed to have a mind of themselves, including opening other programs, and Internet Explorer, which was asking to re-install IE or install later. The actual downloads that I wanted to install was for a router diagnostic experiment.

Anyway, I have now got the programs installed, and will give them a try later, and then see what happens?.

Thanks again everyone, will now tick as resolved (fingers crossed).

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers