We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotmail account Blocked cannot reset

MIKE.

Likes # 0

My aunt entered her Hotmail password incorrectly 3 times and as a consequence has been blocked. I have tried to reset her password by creating a seperate email address and following the on screen instuctions. So far this has been impossible because all the questions asked she does not know the answers. Is there a genuine contact phone number for Hotmail help or is there an additional way to reset her password.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Google shows some numbers but I cannot vouch for them, they look like free numbers.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

chub_tor they ARE free numbers BUT they are looking for Credit Cards!!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

SillBill I must admit it seemed strange that they were showing as free numbers but being on the top of the Google Search ads I was less wary than usual.

Having been through the frustration of helping a 92 year old friend set up new email after he also could not remember his passwords or his security data (not Hotmail) I know how frustrating it can be to get it sorted out.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Without the correct answers to Hotmail's security questions you have little hope of recovering the password. May I suggest setting up an account with GMX.com it will be much easier to recover a password (if needed) from them.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Of course I meant a FREE email account.

Like this post
MIKE.

Likes # 0

Hi Guys first of all sorry for not coming back earlier I was away for a few days. Many thanks for your help it seems to me to be a problem with Hotmail (no contact number and needing to much information to reset the password) The only way round the problem was to create a new email address which seems a bit drastic action but at least she has an email address. Again many thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...