We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus 7 can't connect to Talktalk e-mail

Ikarus

Likes # 0

My daughter had a Nexus 7 tablet for Xmas but, to date has been unable to sign in to her Talktalk account (she also had the same problem on my desktop). According to the Talktalk help section "this problem has now been resolved" but she still can't even sign in. Has anyone else had this problem or even solved it? Is the answer to set up the account again in the tablet?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I would certainly try by deleting the existing account from the Nexus and try and set it up again.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I haven't yet set up the account in the N7 Mail folder.

I just go the website and log in there and make it a favourite

But assume yo have tried that.?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

P.S

I have a tiscali email and a TT email address. The TT account was automatically set up by the N7 accessed via the mail folder. It's the Tiscali one I haven't manually set up on the N7. I hurts my brain doing that!!

Like this post
msse

Likes # 0

Does anyone know if the Nexus 7 supplied by Talktalk works on wireless only or does it use up your data

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Msse - You really should have started a new thread. However, open Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>Untick all of these:Use Packet Data,Data Roaming, Use only 2G Networks. that way you will only use WiFi or Hotspots (if enabled).

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I found setting up a variety of email accounts from different ISPs pretty straight forward using the Nexus 7 email app. Not much different from setting up email on a PC.

Of course you will need the mail server details and have to decide whether you are going to use IMAP or POP mail servers for the Nexus 7 (I use IMAP on the Nexus and POP on my PC, so that any mail I receive on the Nexus 7 [and don't delete from there] will eventually be downloaded on my PC).

Interestingly, although Tiscali don't publish an IMAP server name (they just give pop.tiscali.co.uk for POP), I tried imap.tiscali.co.uk for IMAP ('cos someone else had suggested it) and it works fine.

If you intend to use the email app for sending email whilst out and about, you will need to use a suitable SMTP server. The normal recommendation is to the SMTP server of whatever wifi service you are then currently connected to, but this is clearly impractical. BUT, I have found that if I use my home ISP's SMTP server details AND set it up to require a login (using my home ISP's login details), it works fine [not guaranteed to work for all ISPs though]. In fact I've just got back from Gran Canaria and using the SMTP this way worked absolutely fine.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

I replied to a post yesterday where someone had the same problem with TT email. I said then that TT has a shocking record with keeping their email up and running and I still say that now.

Far better to use a web based email like google or hotmail that isn't dependent on your service provider.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014