We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ZA requires setting choice each time the laptop is booted

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

New Network Found every time when booting the laptop! A minor nuisance but how do I retain my choice for next time?

Have a Work-a-day Desktop and a seldom used Laptop. Both have XP Pro SP3 and run email with Yahoo and Chrome. Both use Windows Security for AV protection. Desktop has Comodo firewall, the laptop uses Z Alarm, both the free versions.

I think I moved to Comodo long ago on the desktop because [for me] ZA was becoming a handful with peevish interruptions and heavy background activity which doesn't seem to be the case these days.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

More detail.

BT Home Hub, Desktop wired to Hub, Laptop wi-fi to hub

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Just in case anyone is slightly interested, I resolved the problem by removing ZA and installing Comodo instead.

Also I combed every which way to clear dormant files and other impedimenta. So far so good, except for various Comodo linked pop-ups which I hope will be clobbered as they appear.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014