We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

driver for canon MP492 for W7

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, can anyone give me a straightforward link to download the driver for canonMP492 combo printer for W7 please. Had many attempts myself but seem to get sent here, there and everywhere and get anything other that than what I require.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Here,number 59 I think.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thank chronos, I did try that site and that driver earlier as it seemed logical to get it direct from Canon without the runaround and other nonsense one gets from third party sites. I could not get it to work, all I got in control panel was "Add new printer" and the choice of "local printer" or "network,wireless, bluetooth". As it is a local printer one cable to one PC I chose the "local printer " option but it did not work. The printer is not set to network nor is it wireless. having tried everything else I could think of my only other option was to try the Network Wireless choice which worked strait away, so now it's up and running. I would love anyone to explain this if they can.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer