We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Youtube want to change username

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Just tried and failed to sign in to Youtube. Box appeared and told me that I must change my sign in details to use my full name. Anyone ditto?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Nope just signed out and signed back in using my usual Google account details. So not sure why you are getting that request but it sounds dodgy so I would certainly not give out these details.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronos, looked kosher and I can't sign in with my correct details??

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

My brother's just called me, same thing for him, seems like it's genuine and they're forcing everyone to display their Google registration name to post.Do a search on it.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As I said did not happen to me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

YouTube sign in, you use your email address and Password.

I kept getting that YouTube wants to use my proper name from my Google account.

After getting tangled up in the flipping thing, I finally backtracked to original screen clicked on 'I don't want to' and on next window clicked on the icon button of 2 people and 'want to use 2 names' and voila, I got my home page and nothing changed except a green strip notice at the top that said 'You have not updated your name Learn more about using your full name on YouTube, and update at any time'

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hello lotvic, I got so frustrated that I opted for the change, posted a test reply on there and my name's now proudly displayed for all to see....regretting it already!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can edit it back, you have that option, I'll log in later and try to find the option.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks amigo.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D