We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Making my own 'like it' button??

sarahjane100

Likes # 0

Hello all, Am trying to find out how to create a 'like it' or 'heart it' button to be used on blog posts. I can find absolutely nothing on how to do this- does anyone have any pointers? I am basically looking to have a little heart shape that, when clicked on, counts up. Any ideas? Please help! Any advice at all very gratefully received! Thanks thanks & thanks in advance.. xx

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

What are you like with website code?

I can send you some code that will count the number of times an image (or graphic) is clicked. You can easily find a suitable graphic, but you'll need to insert the code in your page.

Like this post
sarahjane100

Likes # 0

Hello! Thank you so much that would be brilliant! Yes putting the code in is not a problem, it is the actual code for the count I couldn't find it figure out! You are a star- could you possibly email it? Is that allowed? I am new to the forum so not sure! Thanks again I have been trying to figure this out for days! Sarah x

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We've always been careful about posting code into the forum because of the possibility that it would make a mess of the page structure.

I'll email the code to you now. Let me know (here) if you need more help.

Like this post
sarahjane100

Likes # 0

Hi, have tried the code and it works great!

Have been trying to get the positioning right with little success. The template I'm using is structured differently to ones that I am used to, so I have no clue where to put the code in. The < body > part is hard to place as there is no clear part in the template for the Blog Posts, and the Homepage is quite heavily scripted (Javascript) which I am not familiar with at all.

Could send you the template if that helps? If it's too much to ask don't worry about it! Sarah x

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer