We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bluescreen Errors after Fresh Install of Windows 8

dvkvnc

Likes # 0

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win8 pro with a fresh install. After setup is complete, bluescreen errors started to show up at random times, but only at booting up phase. Error is always the same : "'atikmdag.sys’–‘page fault in non-paged area’". I have the latest drivers from ATI, and there is no overheating problem.

Could you please help me with the reason behind this? I suspect it is a software issue rather than hardware, because it is started after upgrading to new OS.

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Suggestions here include running System File Checker - sfc/ scannow amongst others. Try this first.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR try running in safe mode - with the minimal drivers installed you may get a different result.

Like this post
dvkvnc

Likes # 0

Another problem has just started after necessary upgrades. My wifi card stopped working, Intel says 4695agn cards are not compatible with windows 8. But it was working until yesterday.Do you have any suggestions?

I guess I will have to downgrade my laptop to win7 again.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Well your first problem is definitely ATI related and its the catalyst control centre that's the problem. Uninstall catalyst and problem will most likely go away.

Cant suggest anything with wifi without further info.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Stay with windows 7 as 8 does not really bring much improvement to the desktop/laptop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do