We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook v Outlook

wee eddie

Likes # 0

I run M$ Office and use Outlook, within it, as my email gathering program, I also have an Hotmail Account which has recently been upgraded to M$ Outlook.

Now, I'm getting confused because they're not one and the same piece of Software.

The Question: Has some "Naming" Convention been developed to easily differentiate between the two?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The old hotmail is 'Outlook .com' I think most people include the .com to differentiate between it and Office Outlook when discussing. (Maybe what would be better is Office Outlook and Outlook.com) I agree, it's all very confusing.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dont forget Outlook Express.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I had forgotten Outlook Express which I have on my XP pc :) It's now an 'out-dated' email client but I find it does the job and still collects my free hotmail on that pc.

Am thinking I will have to change Hotmail to Outlook.com and change Outlook Express to Office Outlook which will cope with Outlook.com.... Or maybe I'll take an aspirin and lie down instead - no wonder my W7 hard drive is still not fully configured and I use XP one to collect email. (Don't even mention W8) Oh well it'll get done eventually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers