We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft office 2010 Professional

Thereferee21
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have lost my activation key for the above which was a downloaded version. How can i retrive it?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

login to your account where you downloaded it. The product key will be in your account.

Or/and, if it came via email copy of that email might still be on your email server. If Office is still installed on your pc then you could use a free keyfinder program that supports finding office 2010 key (not all of them do)

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Belarc Adviser will display your key if Office is still installed.

Like this post
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Does it explain what I have to do?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Download Belarc Adviser and install it.

When you run it you will have details on your screen showing everything on your PC, including hardware and software. In the list of the software installed you will find their activation keys if applicable.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I would imagine copy down the keycode for it and if you no longer have Microsoft office 2010 Professional on your computer download it from elsewhere and add the keycode or just add the keycode to the version you have already got installed.

Or Install the trial and add the keycode.Trial

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Is it because you are getting warnings that your W/7 is not genuine that you are having problems with Office as well.

Right click my computer and select properties.

It should tell you on that if W/7 is activated or not.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Or if you want to burn an .exe copy of Office 2010 to DVD (to use with your own product key) here's Heidoc's index page that gives you the official MS direct download links for all manner of MS programs (except there is NO download for W8) (no registration or forms to fill in - when you have chosen the edition from the list, scroll down the final page to the panels and look for English(USA) editions, click on the link and the download commences)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I did wonder what Jock1e meant about not genuine W7, then I saw thread about it in W7 helproom.

Like this post
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days