We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to open .mht files

cedar palace
Resolved

Likes # 0

I downloaded a 90 min video that I had recorded on a FOXSAT-HDR onto a USB flash drive. I wish to burn it to a CD. The file is in .mht format and I can't open it. Does anyone know of a program that will open the file and turn it into something usable? The video will play on my TV from the flash drive via the foxsat pvr but not open on my Vista .

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

There will be 3 files for the film from foxsat harddrive. The actual film is the .ts file. The other 2, .hmt and .nts are foxsat's indexing and info files and are not needed when you burn the movie to a DVD.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If your Media Players on your pc cannot play .ts files then they lack the necessary codecs to decipher them. Which media players have you got/tried to play your movie with?

Like this post
cedar palace

Likes # 0

Chronos. Have navigated my way and arrived at "this folder cannot be opened by I.E."

Lotvic. I am trying to open the .ts file. Windows Media Player doesn't want to know.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You would be better to use the free Media Player VLC from videolan.org which comes with it's own set of codecs and will play almost anything. (it's ages since I installed it so can't quite remember if there are any extra progs and toolbars to UNtick/decline during installation - most free programs have something bundled with it so just be aware)

Like this post  
cedar palace

Likes # 0

Lotvic. Downloaded VLC Media Player, burnt the file to a DVD and played it back. Worked like a charm. Many thanks.

Chronos the Second. Thanks for the reply.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Glad you're sorted :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...