We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wifi Extender instalation Internet Explorer will not find wesite

eky12

Likes # 0

Hi Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to install a Wifi Extender, the instruction say plug it in to an electric socket near the router & search for the available WiFi networks in the area and connect to Edimax_Extender in Windows7 click on Connect the network without setting it up, Now open your we browser Internet Exploere and put http://extender643B7C int the address bar. This as far as I can get Internet Explorer will not find the web site. I was using Int Exp 9, So I uninstalled it and tried Int Exp 8 But it will not find the web site. I am using Windows 7 on a Dell Laptop with Plusnet Broadband and a Thomsom router. I have AVG and Malwarebytes. Many thanks eky12.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Not sure if this will help but a on a previous thread the advice was to connect both the extender and the router with a CABLE before progressing.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You could try to enter the IP address of your extender into the address bar - there is a short video on youtube that says this is an alternative method and it should be 192.168.2.2

Like this post
eky12

Likes # 0

Sorry have tried this, The problem is with Internet Explorer I was told the problem was with Java so I uninstalled it but Int Exp will still not find this site, Just getting Int Exp cannot display this Web page.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Does it have to be Internet Explorer. Have you tried another browser?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Just a thought, when you are trying to access the log-in page do you have your Edimax connected to your PC via ethernet cable?

Like this post
eky12

Likes # 0

Yes it only works with Int Expl

Like this post
eky12

Likes # 0

No I am following instructions to install it wifi.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I have read that to access the log-in page you need to have your pc connected by ethernet that is why I asked. I assume when you have managed to get onto the log-in pages that some form of enabling will take place.

Like this post
eky12

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the youtube video tried to follow it, Got as far as connecting to network and a box comes up saying windows cannot connect to edimax_extender.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing