We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

web page printing

KEITH ON 64 BIT

Likes # 0

Many years ago before web pages had adverts on them it was possible to increase the size of viewed print ( you still can ) AND you could also print out the page with the print enlarged. This is no longer possible , i think it could be due to web adverts locking the margins. The only work around i can use is to enlarge the viewed print then use the windows snipping tool to capture it so that i can print it like a photo.

The down side to this is that you can only do a part of a web page because if you do a full page , wimdows shrinks it down again to fit a4 paper.

Does anybody know of a way to view enlarged print AND print it off the same size

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It should be there select the paper tab having selected printer preferences. I've tried it with 2 different printers.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

It is definitely not there as an option on my three printers however I have found it on an Epson All in One. As the All in One has the facility to enlarge etc as part of its copy ability then having it in the print options is probably not too difficult to achieve. Are you using All in Ones or a normal printer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you may be looking in the wrong place. Chrome - Ctrl-Shift-P - in the window that opens click on preferences and on the paper tab you should find scaling options.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may be W7 only.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

No it is not that. I am running Win7 on 3 computers and XP on another and I can't find it anywhere.

If you go to

http://www.arwcsw.com/ARWTemp/ARWS/Chrome%20print.JPG

you can see exactly what I get.

If the option is presented in preferences then it is an integral part of the driver software and as I said earlier I guess the scaling option is only available in printers that have the need for it ie an All in One where the scaling is a part of the copy software to allow enlargement and reduction.

Please come back and tell me if I am wrong as I would like this facility myself on occasions.

Another possible explanation is that the manufacturers drivers may have this but the ones installed from the MS printer list might not

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi I just tested the point I made above by firing up my Epson All in One BX300F and sure enough the option to Enlarge/Reduce is one of the options that can be selected. It had to be the printer driver that has the facility and not all printer drivers have it. I now know which printer to use if I need to enlarge/Reduce so I have learned something.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

We're hijacking this thread. It works for me with W7 and a Samsung laser and an Epson all-in-one.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Like alanrwood I don't get a scaling option anywhere with either of my printers - Epson R800 and HP OfficejetPro8000. W7.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell

I don't think we are hijacking this thread. The OP asked a question which we are trying to answer in a way that works for all systems. To leave the impression that the method, which works for the OP because he has a specific function within his specific printer driver, will work for anyone else reading this thread in future is to leave misleading advice for posterity. I would be looking for a universal method to achieve what the OP required and we have not been able to achieve that.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may not be called scaling but instead may be reduce or enlarge. Agree it can be difficult to find and varies with printer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks