We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

vertical lines on my laptop screen

Bez

Likes # 0

My laptop screen has developed vertical lines which seem to be increasing in number and intensity. Does it mean the screen is at the end of it's life? The laptop is about 6 yrs. old.

Like this post
Bez

Likes # 0

I have tried with my new lead to connect to three different kinds of TV screens but without success.Even following all the instructions given on my laptop as to what to do when trying to connect to a second screen, no success. I have aquired a lot of knowledge but I still do not know what causes the increasing number of vertical lines on my screen. I have decided to follow your advice, rdave13, and to back up everything of importance and wait until the number of lines increase to such an extent that it becomes impossible to make out anything besides lines. There after I am going to buy a new laptop, this one is getting too slow for sanity.

Thank you all for your help.

This case of the verical lines is closed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Bez thanks for your reply. Worth trying everything before giving up the ghost. Unfortunately, on a laptop, these problems are terminal unless you wish to install a new motherboard by professionals.

Cost more than a new laptop. Tick the 'tick ' to the right and it should turn green to close the thread, even though you will still get email notification.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK