We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

access to router settings

dlguk

Likes # 0

Has there been a change to router setting access, ie 192.168.0.1 or 0.1?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Mine isn't like that. It's 192.168.1 and then a three digit number...

Like this post
dlguk

Likes # 0

Thank you but,

I have been using 192.168.0.1 or 0.1 for more years than I care to remember always successfully but now it doesn't work appreciate any help, I have tried two BT routers. Am I losing the plot, don’t be shy just tell me :).

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Depends on the make and model. Google yours to find out.

Like this post
dlguk

Likes # 0

I don’t use Google and I have had the same type of router for over eight years, not the greatest but I have always been able to change settings. The other two BT ones I tried were on different machines, nowhere near me (phoned friends).

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 is asking you to search on Google to try and find out what the router default ip is for your router.

Check in your ip settings that for some reason the default gateway has not been changed

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

You dont say what router. 192.168.2.1 is the code for my belkin, maybe worth a try anyway.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Open the command prompt (Start > Run/Search for cmd) and then enter ipconfig. The address you need should be next to Default Gateway under your Local Area Connection, and it will often begin with 192.168.

Read more A List of Common Default Router IP Addresses

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Here's yet another guide on how to find the IP router homepage

Like this post
dlguk

Likes # 0

Thank you all, http://192.168.2.1 is just the same, I am aware of what onthelimit1 is saying but please read my thread carefully and understand that I have tried all the usual, i.e. grounding the router, cmd ipconfig/release then renew, reset router etc. I phoned a few friends both on BT same result. I have changed settings many times, guess I will have to spend an hour or so getting nowhere on the phone to Mumbai, arggggggggg

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Best of luck

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added