We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brother DCP-350C Printer Error Message

mcheathen

Likes # 0

A red light flashes on the 'Photo Capture' button and on the screen there is the following message: 'Unable to Print 50'.

Now I've checked to see if any paper is jammed (and there isn't) and the ink cartages have been recently replace. So what exactly could be wrong?

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

@lotvit I followed your instructions and I only managed to get numbers up to 9 - after that it goes A B C D F * ^ *+# and finishes at 1+3. I chose 8 and I get MAINTENANCE 8 and sometimes AMS00. Nothing happens when I press Mono Start. The 'Photo Capture' button flashes green.

BTW I thought I mention this in the OP, but as soon as I plug in power the machine automatically swithes on and I get a flashing red light on 'Photo Capture' button. The machine is supposed to switch on via start button.

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

I had another go and I managed to get 80 by pressing the arrow down to 0 after I got the 8 and this got me into maintenance. After pressing the mono start button I actually got to purge 0000. Sadly however it still went back to unable to print 50. This was after getting the message 'Machine Error 51' while still in MAINTENANCE MODE.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It would appear that you are going around in circles with this. Have you thought or tried contacting Brother support for help and advice?.

I have a number of printer's, and when they start getting to problematic I get them replaced, because its far cheaper to do this than getting them repaired or spending extra money or time trying to finally resolve some issues.

Printer's nowadays can be very cheap to purchase, its the print cartridges that have to be taken into consideration. Having said that, the Brother DCP-135C I have cost either £39.00 or £49.00 delivered, and I get any of the four compatible cartridges at 50 pence each. There's even a CISS or refillable ink system available for this model. Making savings even better.

When I referred earlier to un-install and re-install, I was suggesting starting from new, by removing the printer from your computer and then re-installing or setting-up as a new device. It may resolve the situation or not, because some time memory can get slightly 'out of sync', and a new re-install can resolve this, especially if you use the latest updates from the manufacturer?.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Definitely contact Brother Support. They have always been good with me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Must be cursed... my Canon 510 is now crunching and throwing up error 5c00 and I found the fix (purge) which involves complete stripdown with screwdriver and cleaning of waste ink wiper blades that are encrusted with thick ink goo so don't move properly into position (causing the crunching sound) all of which has to be done before the reset purge counter fix will 'take'.

I really don't relish the thought of stripping it down and washing/flushing it out over the kitchen sink (I've got .pdf with pics and instruction of how to do it) and even then it's not guaranteed to work. I dread to think of the labour charges should I send it somewhere else to be fixed.

All things considered, age of printer, work involved etc. I've decided I've had my moneys worth out of it and it's time to buy a new one.

So, back to OP mcheathen's problem, I think your purge is not taking because the printer is probably sensing 'things are all clogged up in here with old ink' and so throws another error up. To fix will probably involve similar strip down and clean same as mine does.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...