We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

To PCA

woodchip

Likes # 0

Why is that no matter what browser I Try using Windows XP Home Java Script is not properly Executed, after all these years of using the forum? I have just downloaded and installed Chrome but it's just the same, PAGES DO NOT LOAD WITH Java Script Enabled.

PS I do know Java Script is Needed for Adds plus the icons above the Response bar. But other than that I have no IDEA other than, it just does not work. The Reason for me is that it loads Adds and this is the problem as it hangs when trying to load web adds

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I recently upgraded to FF18 and found my Plugins disabled with no way of getting them to remain enabled; this was causing all kinds of problems with various sites. As a result of a search I found this Mozilla article and followed the "Re-initializing the plugins database" section which resolved the issues. Whether similar problems can be resolved by such action in IE I an uncertain but it must be worth a try.

As for your upload/download speeds, I can only dream of achieving your better speeds even at low use periods. You must have a lower contention or better lines than I have.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

PCA downloads really fast on my W7 and W8 PCs, and no problems using IE or Chrome.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I have 3 PCs with XP SP3 and using Chrome (with AdBlockPlus, DoNotTrack+), all fine with PCA (apart from the well known perennial issues with the site itself.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...