We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 recovery partions

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks,on my new computer(windows 7)in disk management as well as my C:drive partion there are 4 other recovery partions.The thing is they are all showing the same number under capacity and free space as if there is nothing on them?I'm also not sure why there are 4?One is called active recovery partion(2.00GB) and the other 3 just recovery partion at 4.21GB,4.80GB and 6.65GB.Cany anyone shed any light on why it's like this?Thanks folks.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Should say "partition" by the way!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Probably your computer has the option of using sim cards etc the partitions are probably for them.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

But in disk management they are all called "Recovery partitions"?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I have c,d,e,f,g,h, C,Hard drive D recovery. E, DVD Drive

The other 3 are card readers and are classed as removable.

My computer is a Medion so not sure if yours is the same.

If you have card readers attached to your computer that is probably what it is,

If you don't have card readers I have no idea as to what they are.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Jock1e,like you I have F,G,H,I which are all removable media which will be the card readers!On my disk 0,I have my system C:and another 4 recovery partitions.I've not made a restore disc yet so I'm wondering if it could be that?It's just strange that the capacity and free space read the same for each(ie capacity 2.00gb,free space 2.00gb)Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback