We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't find site for CM3-Repeater

alba6

Likes # 0

I have bought a wireless-N WiFi repeater and am trying to set it up. The first instruction is to log into http://cm3-repeater.ip to get the set-up wizard. When I enter the web address I get a TalkTalk message "Sorry, we could not find cm3-reapeter.ip." Any suggestions? Without accessing this web site I can't continue.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

http://cm3-repeater.ip in the browser's address box. This address is the default IP address for this device.

The repeater needs to be connected by cable first to set it up.

Like this post
alba6

Likes # 0

I have done this but the site is not found as I said. I've clicked on the address you gave and still get the "..could not find.." message

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

use another web browser like firefox instead the talk talkie one

Like this post
alba6

Likes # 0

TalkTalk is my ISP not my browser. I am using Google Chrome as a browser.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I think Fruitbat meant that you should connect BY WIRE both the repeater and the router and THEN input that URL it is described at length on the CM3 website.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

They do have a PDF doc detailing how to set it up but it is in German and pretty long.

The contact details for CM3 are as follows (an email in English should get you what you need):

CM3-Computer oHG Schinderstr. 7 84030 Ergolding

Telefon: +49 (0) 1805/654845 (0,14 €/min aus dem dt. FN, max. 0,42 €/min Mobil) Email: verkauf@cm3-computer.com

Note that that is a Premium Rate phone number. The website is, of course, the bit AFTER the @.

I believe Google Chrome can download AND translate at the same time.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Found the English PDF instructions Type this into Google search:

wn518n-manual-v11.pdf

The English PDF should be about the 4th entry if you use Firefox.

Like this post
alba6

Likes # 0

Thanks all for your suggestions. I resolved the problem by connecting the device to my laptop then clicking on the Networks icon at the bottom of the screen. The Repeater was there and I tried to open it. This took me to the point on the installation instructions that I couldn't access by their web site. It was plain sailing after that and the device works perfectly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July