We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

print error message

artypants

Likes # 0

Hi, my Epson Stylus photo RX620 is telling me that servicable parts are due for service and refer to manual, manual says contact manufacturer, can I fix it? I think it might be because of full (or not) reservoir. Thanks for reading.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I think it might be because of full (or not) reservoir.

Yes probably the case - needs emptying and cleaning and resetting reset tool here

Be extremely careful so as to not damage any of the data cables.

Remove the control panel then the scanner assembly.

Disconnect all cables from the circuit board

(you may have to remove the board), and unscrew and lift off the upper housing. They are all held by visible screws and tabs.

Then remove the sheet feed assembly (don't forget the screw on the underside and on the left by the gear assembly.

Remove all screws holding the printer to the lower case (two screws are hidden under the scanner hinges).

Next disconnect the drain tube coming off the pump. Finally remove the printer mechanism.

The waste ink pads are now clearly visible.

Waste ink tube pictures

Its easier just to reroute the waste ink tube to a waste bottle and reset the counter like this

Like this post
artypants

Likes # 0

Wow! thanks for that, you might just have saved my sanity.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...