We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrading to a gaming PC ?

bumahuma
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good morning, afternoon, evening to you forumers. I need your help on upgrading my PC to a badass gaming PC. I remember posting here before, but now that the budget has increased, I've decided to post once again and give you something to break your boredom

Total Budget : 700-850$.

*PC info: CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.40GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2GB RAM: 8GB DDR3 PSU: http://i.imgur.com/YgQssXK.jpg

Alright, so according to my fail of a researching session, I've noticed that my CPU is not that bad and it is pretty good for all the upcoming games and the ones we have atm. RAM is not an issue, 8GB is more than enough. My HDD is around 1 Terabyte. The issue is with my GPU though, I'm wondering if 800$ would be able to get me a good GPU + a power supply which would be able to run it, I'm also planning on buying a new gaming monitor/headset for my PC/PS3 but it's not gonna be from the budget stated in here..

Tell me what do I really need to upgrade, and give me a few names of the components you're advising me to upgrade. Also, just as a note, I'm planning to buy top-notch headsets, something like the Astro A40 2013 edition I believe ? Am I required to get a new sound card ?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Like this post
bumahuma

Likes # 0

Also I've looked at the PSU you suggested me to get on Newegg and honestly there's a lot of controversy, some say it's super quiet and runs good on a 'moderate build' ? Some also say it's a waste of money and advise to not buy it since it doesn't give enough power when playing high-end games ?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

I very much doubt in three months I will be suggesting anything other than the PSU or GPU that I have already suggested. I tend to keep myself informed of what component changes are in the pipeline and there is nothing that springs to mind.But by all means post back when you are ready to buy.

Like this post
bumahuma

Likes # 0

Very well then, thank you very much Chronos, from all the forums I've posted in, your reply was the most informative one.

Like this post
bumahuma

Likes # 0

By the way Chronos, do you have any idea on soundcards? I'm hoping to buy an Astro A40 2013 edition headset, and it seems that I have an Onboard Soundcard, when I look at the playback options in windows 7 it says 'Realtek Digital Output.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to use the headset on my PC as good as it should run, so should I get a new soundcard? If yes, could you give me a name ?

Also, my motherboard is: Intel Corporation DH67CL.

Like this post
bumahuma

Likes # 0

Something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829111001 perhaps ?

I noticed the headset I'm hoping to buy is a 7.1 headset so I guess getting a 7.1 soundcard is what I should do ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger