We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP WITH EPSON STYLUS P50

jojo7

Likes # 0

Hi.. I previously posted regarding poor photo quality.. turns out it was because of printing through photoshop elements 7, and the picture quality is perfect just through using windows instead. My problem now is the colors.. most are pretty near perfect except for purples which are coming out pink! I am totally new to printers, have no idea what profiling is.. I have tried changing color management settings on the printer driver but they make little difference. Any ideas what to do? The simpler the better :)

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Probably need to know which flavour of Windows you are using and what software within Windows. Profiling is the matching of your monitor colours to the printed colours and can be quite a complex process. It might be your printer uses a CYMK strategy for printing while your monitor displays RGB. There is something called an ICC profile which tries to match the two. Have a read here, it might help.

ICC Profile

Like this post
jojo7

Likes # 0

Thanks for responding :) I had a look at that but it went over my head! Im using windows7 and printing through the basic windows pictures library if that helps.. The photos that are giving me the most problems are heavily photoshopped ones with lots of artificial light effects added. Could it be im just asking too much of printer to reproduce these or should it be able to print whats thrown at it??

Like this post
jojo7

Likes # 0

Thanks for responding :) I had a look at that but it went over my head! Im using windows7 and printing through the basic windows pictures library if that helps.. The photos that are giving me the most problems are heavily photoshopped ones with lots of artificial light effects added. Could it be im just asking too much of printer to reproduce these or should it be able to print whats thrown at it??

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Best way, as I have gone through it ll with different Printers. Monitors only give results that that look ok on monitor. Best wy isin printer Properties to create as above Profiles for different Images and Paper plus ink as all these have an effect. Creating a Profile is a slow job, as it means printing lots of test photos till you get what you want then save it. My photo software allows me to use a4 paper and fit the photo anywhere n the page plus resizing it so it does not waste as much ink, using a ruler and the printer software in my photo edit program i can do the above. but you cannot get the program now as Corel have bought it up as does Microsoft and other company's to squash any opposition. the program I use is MicroGrafx Picture Publisher 8

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Best way, as I have gone through it ll with different Printers. Monitors only give results that that look ok on monitor. Best wy isin printer Properties to create as above Profiles for different Images and Paper plus ink as all these have an effect. Creating a Profile is a slow job, as it means printing lots of test photos till you get what you want then save it. My photo software allows me to use a4 paper and fit the photo anywhere n the page plus resizing it so it does not waste as much ink, using a ruler and the printer software in my photo edit program i can do the above. but you cannot get the program now as Corel have bought it up as does Microsoft and other company's to squash any opposition. the program I use is MicroGrafx Picture Publisher 8

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

sorry about double post

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014