We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

do I need McAfee if I have MSE

Mmbheff

Likes # 0

is it worth paying the money for year protection with McAfee or does the MSE provide the same cover???

MH

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'm under the impression that MSE covers all the bases.

Other Free software that would add to your armoury are Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and CCleaner

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

If you have MSE you have a competent AV installed so why pay for software that may not give you a great more protection. There is plenty of free AV software available and MSE is well respected. Read this review.

In addition to any antispyware software you have, I would suggest SpywareBlaster which sits in the background and provides an extra layer of protection.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Just remember, only one antivirus. Additional antimalware is fine.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I use MSE and down loaded McAfee, free for one year from my bank a few years ago.

I am sure I had to delete MSE at the request of loading McAfee.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room