We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does anyone know how to convert an .m4b file to mp3?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi all, Please can someone help me with converting an .m4b file to mp3 so I can listen to it on my mp3 player?

Thank you in advance.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

Format Factory will do it. Google the name for download page.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If you have iTunes , the new version 11 allows you to convert their m4p files to mp3. Create a column "Kind" then sort by m4p and create mp3 versions. The old way was to burn iTunes about 20 at time to a CD and re - import as mp3 in iTunes.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

VLC player will also do it but the file will be twice the size when converted.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi there, Im afraid I don't have itunes. I've just downloaded and used FF and the original m4b file was over 5 hours and the FF version is mp3 but only 59 minutes long? More importantly, it just plays as a high frequesncy screetch sound?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Think Freemake will do it as well > http://www.freemake.com/freeaudioconverter/

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit bat, It wont even play with VLC? No audio at all?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think I used this free one last year, maniactools.com/m4a-to-mp3-converter/audio-books-m4b-to-mp3-converter

must have been that one as don't seem to have any others in Download folder.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thanks for that but it will not work. It seems to suggest it is because the M4B file is copyprotected?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You better google that then, not allowed to say on here.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Really? That's a shame because I won the file, I bought it from itunes. Damn it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added