We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much should I sell my Alienware for?

crimsonnight

Likes # 0

Hey guys, going to sell my Alienware, couple years old, run full diagnostics and everything's peachy - how much should I be aiming to get for it?

Base : Alienware Aurora Standard Cosmic Black Chassis Processor : Intel Core i7 Processor 920(2.66GHz,4.8GT/s,8MB) Resource DVD : Alienware Aurora Ship Accessory : English Docs with UK/Ire Power Cord Memory : 6GB (3x2GB)1333MHz Tri Channel Hard Drive 750GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm) Optical Drive : 24X DVD+/-RW Drive Graphics : 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card Audio Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability Wireless : European Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N MiniPCI Card Operating System : English Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64 BIT)

Cheers!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not as much as you think and a lot less than you want.Unless you have someone that wants to buy it complete then you are likely to make more money by breaking it down and selling the components individually.

Like this post
crimsonnight

Likes # 0

I am planning to sell it as a complete - I'd still like to know how much I should be aiming for - cheers

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can you post the model number or name of the Alienware/Dell PC?

Like this post
crimsonnight

Likes # 0

Can't find a model number in any of the emails - just that it's an Alienware Aurora

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this it? Alien.

Like this post
crimsonnight

Likes # 0

Right sort of time, but the model below I think, mine doesn't have the the option to raise the panelling on the top

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can you not find the model and post it here? Very difficult to price a PC when I am not certain of what I am looking for. But if it is similar to my link. It was well over priced.

Like this post
crimsonnight

Likes # 0

Sure, I'll look check the chassis when I get home, cheers for your help.

Like this post
crimsonnight

Likes # 0

I've checked and there is no model number - I suppose because each system is built to the specs you specify...

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

took A quick look at the specs you have posted , I would estimate around the £450-£500 mark .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......