We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing Envelopes from iMAC to HP 210a All-in-One Photosmart

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 0

In the past I was able to print a 3.5in x 6in envelope on my printer through OpenOffice on the iMAC. Suddenly, I can't print the envelopes. I keep getting the paper mis-match error message. The envelope is 6" wide and 3.5" tall. I used to put the thing in the printer in the width first position, i.e.. longways in, and this would print fine, but something has changed and I cannot tell the printer to select a "Custom size" in the paper listing. I am stuck with A4 along with a few other standard paper sizes. When I print DL envelopes, I don't have the problem because the printer has that as a standard paper size. But I cannot set any custom size paper. Any one any ideas how to rectify the problem?

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

TonyV,

Sometimes selecting different types of paper or different quality levels will alter the available options, particularly the availability of Borderless in Epson printers. Perhaps an option has inadvertently been changed, which has removed the Custom option.

Peter.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Peter

I will have a look and see if there is anything glaring that has gone AWOL.

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Peter

I have deleted the printer, deleted every vestige of software, cleaned the machine as best I can. I then added the printer after downloading the whole Bloatgate software from HP and there is absolutely no difference. The answer has been a Lemon.

I have had problems before with this printer and will now look towards getting some software that will enable me to print a different size envelope.

I read with care the instructions from the HP website regarding printing envelopes, and that is an adventure! It states that you must click on the Features button to get the page change system. There is no Features button!

What is it with these people? It really isn't rocket science is it?

I shall give up now, and look for free software!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I finally bought Simple Envelope and this does what I wanted. So much for HP and their printers.

I'll close this one out.

TonyV

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses