We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Belkin Modem Router F6D 4630-4 v2 Blinking internet light when not in use.

tilly 2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Please can anyone help me, I know nothing about routers. Why all of a sudden does my internet light on my modem flash orange when I have turned off my computer. I looked up in the manual troubleshoot section. It says the blinking orange light (which is normally steady green when in use) is trying to connect to the internet. I don't understand that when the computer is turned off. I am able to connect to the internet ok. To get rid of the flashing light I turn off the modem when I finish using the computer each time.

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Cannot find that number The nearest to that N10117 Z 528 I think it maybe time to get a new one. This one is nearly 2 years old. Wish I new what make to by that is reliable. I don't do any gaming just use it for general purpose and something easy to connect up as I don't understand all the jargon.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have a Netgear DGN2200 (N300) and only upgraded from a Netgear DG834G which I used for well over 5 years because I wanted a better wireless signal. In my experience the Netgear routers are simple to set up and very reliable.

Like this post  
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Thank you for your help. I think its time to ditch Belkin and try something else. Much appreciated.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have no idea why it should disconnect as my Router stays connected all the time even when not in use. mine is a 3Com and never had a problem with it

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Thanks woodchip. Mine used to work like that also and I don't understand it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......