We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Belkin Modem Router F6D 4630-4 v2 Blinking internet light when not in use.

tilly 2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Please can anyone help me, I know nothing about routers. Why all of a sudden does my internet light on my modem flash orange when I have turned off my computer. I looked up in the manual troubleshoot section. It says the blinking orange light (which is normally steady green when in use) is trying to connect to the internet. I don't understand that when the computer is turned off. I am able to connect to the internet ok. To get rid of the flashing light I turn off the modem when I finish using the computer each time.

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Many thanks you for your help

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Please can anyone else help re Belkin Modem Router blinking internet light. I went to Belkin support and got no where as my model number did not show up when I tried to contact them, hence could not get any further filling in details

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The link in my 12:14 post takes you right to your router. So I am puzzled as to why you say you cannot find it.Do not be concerned about the V2 as this is not important it can mean a very small change in shape or size in fact anything so they automatically call it a different version.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

My netgear router lights flicker a couple of times when I shut down my PC, this is normal as the router tries to reextablise contact with the netwok.

How much flickering does your orange light do?

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

To Chronos I tried Belkin Support page. When I fill in the details of my router F6D4630 I get nowhere.

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat. The orange light flickers all the time when I come off line. I now switch the router off when finished on the computer.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

make sure your laptop and tablet are not connected (switch them off) no connections to smart TVs or PVRs?

see what happens then.

Click on the green tick to switch it off as this problem is clearly not resolved yet.

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

I have already done that. My pc and my laptop are not connected to tv or pvr. I now switch both off every night. But it still flashes orange until I switch on the computer or the laptop.

Like this post
tilly 2

Likes # 0

PS That last sentence should read..........It still flashes orange after turning off my computers, to get rid of flashing I have to turn off the router at the mains.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Does the label on the router also have Belkin N150?

Oh and by the way it has not got particularly good reviews.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...