We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 & CDBurnerXP very slow to open

Daiol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows 7 & CDBurnerXP I just went to reinstall the CDBurnerXP and it takes a long time to open from when I double click on the desktop icon.Had this problem before so I thought that I would uninstall and re install it but with no luck,Just did a timer on it before posting this question It took one min to open from time of double clicking the icon. Is this the norm for this or does it have a conflict with Windows 7? Thanks.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Maybe it is just failing. How old is it? What happens when you press the button on it? How long does it take to open? Does it read your disks OK?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I take it you are referring to the FREE download CDBurnerXP - have you looked in the list of compatible drives to see if yours is listed?

enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Also click on My drive is not detected by CDBurnerXP - what can I do? from that page

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Chronos,Maybe I didn't explain the problem Its not the dive its the CDBurnerXP free sotware that takes a long time to open.

northunbria Yes it is the free version that I have,Will look in the link you provided Thanks both, ps Would there be an alternative to this software I just want to burn audio to play on my cd player and maybe sometimes burn data to a disc. Thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take your pick from this list - enter link description here

It is down to personal choice but I have used Ashampoo Burning Studio for years - FREE in this link (with options to upgrade) but I have the paid for version.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Try this one been using it for a while its good very similar to the cdburnerxp

link...http://infrarecorder.org/

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Oops my mistake for not reading your thread correctly, comes with playing Borderlands 2 on one PC whilst answering threads on a couple of forums on another.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Hi,That link that catpwss provided looks okay may have a bash at that one. Will let you know. Thanks.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

That link was okay thanks catpwss Thank you all,Still a mystery.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Chronus - you must be AMBIDEXTROUS !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers